Friday, October 13, 2017

Morgan Taylor's Matadora Collection!


Hi hi hi! Today I have Morgan Taylors brand new "Matadora Collection" to share with all of you and I'm so excited :-) It consists of 6 gorgeous polishes all inspired by the beautiful country of Spain. I was also sent two gorgeous stamping plates, a squishy clear stamper, a base coat and topcoat. So let's start!



First is "I'm Drawing A Blanco", a sheer white polish with shimmer. Here I have on 3 coats plus the "Need For Speed" topcoat. Normally I don't like the look of white shimmer polishes, but this one got me. This polish is really pretty and I definitely will be wearing this often! It has a pearlescent look to it which I think is gorgeous. There are some mildly visible brush streaks with application, but that didn't bother me too much. For my nail art I stamped over "Drawing a Blacno" with "Olé My Way" using one of Morgan Taylor's new stamping plate images.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next is "All Tango'd Up". This is a very opaque, deep burgundy color. Here I am wearing 2 coats plus topcoat. This polish stains cuticles VERY easily so you must be very careful applying! This is a very beautiful red, it reminds me so much of Tango dresses! (which I think is the point ;) ) For my art, I stamped with this polish over a white base, and then stamped over this polish with a white polish using Morgan Taylor's stamping plate.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Next is "Olé My Way". This polish is dark, cobalt blue with shimmer, and is honestly just gorgeous. This is a one coater, but here I am wearing two for consistency. For my art, I stamped over it with "I'm Drawing A Blanco" using one of Morgan Taylor's new plates.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

This Creamy Mauve is called, "Mauve Your Feet". Here I have on 3 coats and topcoat because it was just a bit streaky. This is a really nice color, I really like how it looked against my skin tone but I had a little trouble with color accurate photos. For my art I stamped over it with a gold polish using one of Morgan Taylor's new plates and added some gold leaf randomly to my ring and pinky fingernails.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Don't Break My Corazón" is a very lovely reddish/pink color that immediately reminded me of flowers. This polish is very opaque and can easily be a one coater, but here I am wearing 2 coats for consistency. This polish also can stain your cuticles easily so apply carefully! For the art I stamped over this polish with a white polish using one of Morgan Taylor's new stamping plates. (I sound like a broken record!!)




~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Last but not least we have "Danced and Sang-ria", a very deep, beautiful aubergine color. Here I am wearing two coats plus topcoat. This polish stains cuticles so be careful applying! I really love this color, I wish I could've captured the rich purple color better on camera! For the art I stamped over this polish with silver using (guess what!!) one of Morgan Taylor's new stamping plates, and added a couple silver studs.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

!!My Final Thoughts!!




  So these polishes are definitely very pretty, they all applied very smooth and very well which I appreciate! The brushes on these polishes were very wide which at first I was nervous about, but I really liked it actually. I'm glad I was given the regular polishes instead of the Gelish version this time, I had a very pleasant experience swatching these :) As for the base and topcoat, the base coat seems fine to me but I did not enjoy the topcoat so much :-/ It smeared my stamping no matter how long I waited for the polish to dry first, and it left a streaky, not very glossy finish in my swatches which I did not enjoy. More than a few of these polishes stained my cuticles so my advice is to be VERY careful when applying them. They did not stain my nail beds which is nice, though! I LOVED the stamping plates and stamper!! Every image is so beautiful and the plates are etched very well. The stamper head is fairly squish and picks up images very well and they are always very crisp. I have a new favorite stamper officially! All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed every single thing I was sent, thank you Preen Dot Me and Morgan Taylor!! :-) 



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
!! I received these polishes gifted by Morgan Taylor as part of the #PreenMeVIP program. !!
All opinions are my own honest opinions on the collection.

Preen.me links:

Gelish Polish Links:

My Links!

No comments:

Post a Comment