Monday, January 30, 2017

Posh Paints' "Beware of the Plastics" collection (perfect for valentines day ;)

Hi everyone! So I was sent an incredible collection from Courtney, the owner of Posh Paints Lacquer, named "Beware of the Plastics!" collection and it. is. perfect. I don't know about you, but I looooove pink. It's just a beautiful color and this collection is full of multiple, beautiful shades of pink in cremes, glitter toppers, a crelly and a lovely shimmery jelly. I got this collection a while ago actually and I've been waiting to post my swatches until the perfect minute, and what's better than right before Valentines day strikes??? Ask your significant other for this collection for Valentine's Day, or if you're flying solo this holiday than what better way to spend it than treating yourself to an awesome new polish collection? ;)

"She Doesn't Even Go Here" Glossy
"She Doesn't Even Go Here" Matte

First, "She Doesn't Even Go Here", a gorgeous darker pink/purplish color perfect in just two coats. I found this polish to apply relatively smooth and the color is wonderful :) Someone brought to my attention that this polish is pretty much the exact same color as the nail painting emoji and if that isn't enough of a reason to get it then I don't know what is 💅🏻. (Other than the fact that its gorgeous and affordable and applies beautifully ;) )

"You Can't Sit With Us" Glossy
"You Can't Sit With Us" Matte

Next, one coat (two on the ring finger) of "You Can't Sit With Us" over "She Doesn't Even Go Here". This is a glitter topper with multi-sized white, black, magenta and pink glitters in a holo base. This topper is one of a kind and goes well with nearly every other polish in this collection, or even other random polishes! (score!)

"On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" Glossy

"On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" Matte 
This is my second favorite polish out of this collection, here we have "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink", a lovely baby pink. This is two coats, I had a teeny bit of trouble with getting this one to smooth out but as soon as I added topcoat there was no problem :) I would maybe recommend doing three thin coats and letting each one dry in between versus two thicker coats which take a bit longer to dry fully. This is the PERFECT pink in my opinion, it's something you couldn't get tired of no matter how long you have it on for.

"I Want My Pink Shirt Back!" Glossy 
"I Want My Pink Shirt Back!" Matte
This is my favorite glitter topper of the two in this collection, "I Want My Pink Shirt Back!". Here I'm wearing one coat over "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink", they go together so well don't they?? ;) This topper is full of different sized matte and metallic glitters in white, holo, pink, fuchsia and berry. I think the mix of glitters go so well together and this topper looks good over soooo many different polishes I've lost count! The formula is wonderful and just like "You can't Sit With Us", you don't have to worry about fishing for glitters, every brush stroke is full of them :)

"Boo, You Whore" Glossy
"Boo, You Whore" Matte.
Here's another very unique polish from the collection, "Boo, You Whore". This Polish is a red/magenta jelly base packed with hot pink flakies and a purple shimmer, and I personally have never seen anything like it! This is 4 thin coats because I wanted to show the polish in full opacity but  it looks so cute sheer as well! This polish is perfect for a night out or if you're feeling like mixing it up ;)

"That's So Fetch!" Glossy
"That's So Fetch!" Matte
I saved my absolute favorite polish from this collection for last, this is two thin coats of "That's So Fetch!". This is a white crelly polish base with all kinds of different shaped and sized pink, holo, and magenta glitters. If you know me at all, you know I LOOOOVE crellies so I think you can probably imagine my excitement when I saw this beauty 😍 This polish is just a teeny bit thicker than some of the others, which personally I expect with crellies, but it dries well and fairly quick which is awesome. I have actually worn this polish several times already, it's one of my favorites out of my entire collection! 
_______________________________________________________________________________

Over all, I love love love this brand. The owner is a sweetheart, the polishes are affordable, and I have yet to be disappointed with a single polish I've received from this brand! The formulas can be just a little thick and sometimes take a little longer to dry (in my experience), but other than that they're wonderful! All of her polishes are super unique and the names are always so clever, especially with this collection. The bottles are also super cute and easy to handle, the brushes are just a bit on the thicker side which I actually prefer :) If you're looking for a new indie brand to support, this is the one! Make sure to check out PoshPaint's instagram, Facebook and website! Links below :)

Posh Paints Nail Lacquer


No comments:

Post a Comment