Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Emerald & Ash Swatches and Review :)


I'm finally out of the hospital ahhhh! I'm SO sorry I've been MIA for so long, I have been getting ready for a stem cell transplant and also trying to graduate so I haven't had time to do anything! Anyways, I'm so happy I finally get to share these gorgeous polishes with you guys, they are by far some of the best polishes I've received! So today I have two polishes and some cuticle oils to tell you guys all about from Emerald & Ash! I was sent Shia Surprise! which has yet to be released (date unknown) and Desert Tears. Emerald and Ash is a husband and wife owned company, ran by Nate and Ashley (who are THE nicest people). They test all of their products for up to and sometimes over 6 months, and then a little longer to make sure its the best quality possible. I had so much fun going through their polishes and reading all the hilarious names they came up with! All of their polishes are  5-free as well, woohoo! 




The first polish I tried on was Desert Tears, a sandy taupe crelly-ish base with scattered holo. It’s filled with flecks of bright blue micro flakes and a touch of blue shimmer. Half of the proceeds of this polish go to the Bob Woodruff Foundation, a foundation helping veterans in need and their families. Both of my grandpas are veterans so I was touched when Nate and Ashley told me that! This is two thin coats with topcoat and it was a breeze to apply! The brush was a bit wonky but I had no problem applying this polish. I wish my camera would capture the true beauty of it! Those blue micro flakes stand out SO well and the color of it is just so so pretty I can't look away! Especially when I'm outside!



Is this not one of the prettiest reds you've ever seen? Here I have on Shia Surprise!, a raspberry red jelly with copper glass flecks and a touch of holo pigment. This is two coats with topcoat, but this could easily be a one coater, no problem! The copper flecks stand out so well in this polish, similar to Desert Tears, and I can't get enough. This is such a beautiful, elegant color I had to leave it on for a few days to show it off! This polish is unfortunately not released yet but you can follow Nate and Ashely on their instagram to keep an eye out for a release date! 


And finally, the incredible cuticle oils I was sent! I was so pleasantly surprised to apply these to my (very dry) cuticles and have the oils soak right in. I was afraid of there being a greasy film all over my hands but my cuticles soaked these right up and immediately looked and felt moisturized and healthy. The scents were also incredible! My personal favorites were pink sugar, monkey farts, and blood orange, but they all smelled fantastic. I will most definitely be buying myself a big bottle of it as soon as I run out of these little ones! 

__________________________________________________________________________

So my final thoughts on Emerald & Ash is that I adore this company, hands down. Their products are obviously made with so much care and love and I can tell. They have such a great selection and all of the names of their polishes are so fun! You can tell they love doing what they do and that is the best kind of company to buy from in my opinion. They not only make wonderful polishes and cuticle oils, but they've just recently started making the cutest wood earrings I think I've ever seen in my life to be completely honest! I love that they're 5-free as well. These polishes were both so beautiful, I think Nate and Ashley might be wizards when it comes to making flawless items. I was honestly baffled by how unique and lovely these polishes were, I need more! The bottles are so elegant and I LOVE that the logos are engraved into the bottles, how cool! The brushes are also very comfortable in your hand and easy to maneuver, which is a big plus. Overall, this company is definitely worth checking out :o) Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment