Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Little Ondine Water Based Nail Polish Swatches and Reviews :o)


Hello Hello! So I have a verrrrry special blog to share with you all today! So a cute little company named Little Ondine USA sent me five of their very unique, water based polishes (!!) and base/topcoat to swatch and review. These polishes are non-toxic, 5-free, water based, free of harsh chemicals, odor-free and quick drying! This polish has more functions than just nail polish, too, so keep reading!!

My first Impression of these polishes was that they are unlike any nail polish I have ever used before, EVER. But in a good way! I was so surprised when I first swatched one, they're not messing around when they say they're quick drying! The polish is totally dry within literally like 30 seconds, it's unbelievable. And I got to save a lot of my UNT peel off base coat since these polishes are totally peelable. If you're like me and change your polish frequently, this stuff is for you. As soon as I was done swatching each color, I could literally peel it right off and apply another color. How cool is that?! I also ran some tests so stay tuned for after the swatches, I'll tell you all about the cool things you can do with this polish!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My first swatch is of "Chai Latte", a rich, dark brown creme. I had an incredibly hard time photographing this polish, but trust me, it is soooo dark and beautiful, I want to wear it all the time! This is just one coat with "Secret", (little ondies base/topcoat) on top.




Next up we have "Lava", a deep red that you almost want to drink. Perfect for a night out or a racy red pedicure! Again, I watched this multiple times and photographed it over 5 different times and could not capture how gorgeous it truly is. Trust me when I tell you this is the perfect red! Its a one coater and incredibly glossy. This is one coat with Little Ondie's topcoat. I had a bit of trouble cleaning it out of my cuticles, it does not stain but the polish turns to almost a latex like consistency once its dried so I could not get it out without peeling it all off!



Next we have "Smoky Mountain", a dreamy, creamy gray. I love this color! This polish is perfect for fall and winter :-) This is two coats with topcoat. This one was a bit streaky but it all smoothed out with topcoat :) 




Now going into the more pastel swatches, we have here two coats of "Citrus", a creamy yellow, perfect for a soft mani. This shade of yellow is by far one my favorites, I love this one so much! This is a must have for spring, no doubt about it. I had no trouble with this polish :)



Finally, the next pastel we have is called, "Nirvana", a gorgeous light blue, almost slightly purple polish. I love the name not only because thats one of my favorite bands, but also because it basically means to be in a state of perfect happiness, and the color of this polish makes me incredibly happy! I find this color to be so calming and lovely, its by far my favorite polish out of the five I received. This one was barely streaky at all and basically incredibly nice to apply to my nails, I had no trouble! I actually wore this polish for a few days (which I almost never do! ๐Ÿ˜œ) and loved it.



So now it's time to tell you guys about the cool other stuff this polish can do!
1. This polish is a peelable product, like I said earlier, it reminds me of liquid latex. So I put it to the test and look at that! It works pretty well as a cuticle barrier! 
2. I wanted to see if I could use "secret", the base/topcoat as a peel off base coat and turns out it's a really good one!! I compared it to UNT and basically these are the results I got. it adheres a lot stronger to the nail bed, actually, compared to UNT, but maybe a little too strong. When I peeled it off  my pointer finger, it took a teeny piece of a layer of nail with it :'( It also dried out my nails a lot more than unt. But other than that, it worked very well! I was overall happy with it.
3. Have you heard of the chrome powder nail trend yet? (If not, google it!) Basically you can only use  chrome powder over gel polish and with a gel topcoat. If you use a regular topcoat, it dulls the chrome effect. I learned recently though, water based topcoats do not dull the chrome effect, so after I received "secret", I thought I'd put it to the test. And voilรก! It didn't dull the chrome! So turns out you can use regular black polish and this topcoat instead of gel if you don't have gel :) yay!


  So in the end, my opinion on this polish is that I'm glad I got to try to something new, I actually really liked these! I love that you can just peel it right off when you don't want to wear it anymore, and while some others didn't like the brushes I actually really did! They were a bit choppy, but curved instead of square which I normally prefer. Some of the polishes were a bit streaky, and I had a pretty rough time cleaning up after painting, but overall I enjoyed them a lot! They lasted for a few days before starting to peel too which is great. I did the dishes and everything and they still held on strong! I definitely reccomend these polishes if you change your manicure a lot like me! they're lots of fun, unique, and non toxic which is so so awesome. Thanks for reading! :)
 ______________________________________________________________________________

Little Ondine sent me these polishes for free to review/swatch for my honest opinion

____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment