Thursday, April 7, 2016

PrettyWomanNYC Polish Swatch/Review :o)




Hello everyone! I am so so so so sorry for being inactive lately, I've been in and out of the hospital for tests and biopsies and what not. Today is my 2nd day straight of 4- day chemo and it's also my birthday, wee! Anyways, Ashley from PrettyWomanNYC was kind enough to let me choose 5 polishes from their website to swatch and review! PrettyWomanNYC offers nail polish, nail treatments, nail art kits, accessories, and more! Their polishes are even available at certain stores and certain locations such as Rite Aid, Walmart and Party City, which I had no clue of! They are located in NY (if you couldn't tell already (; ) and they are 5-free and cruelty free, yay!!! The polishes I chose were all from their GORGEOUS ceramic collection. These polishes are a bit thick for my taste so I did add a couple drops of polish thinner to each bottle just so you know! That in no way means it's a bad formula, it's totally a preference thing :) On each swatch I used two coats of the polish, HK Girl Topcoat sold by Glisten&Glow for the glossy pictures, and then Matte-ly In Love Matte Topcoat sold by Ella&Mila to give it a smooth finish. Enjoy!

Orange ceramic glossy

Orange ceramic matte
Orange ceramic brush macro 

Okay so I started off with the orange cermaic polish, and while it was not the easiest to apply, I was very happy with the color! The two problems I had with this particular polish was that even with thinner added it was still pretty thick and not easy to apply smooth. The other problem I had was that the color in the bottle was not the same as what ended up on my nails, haha! In the end it looked great and the color was still very lovely!
Light purple ceramic glossy

Light purple ceramic matte
Light purple ceramic brush macro
 The next polish I swatched was the lovely Light Purple Ceramic. This is a very pretty pinkish-purple polish and out of the 5 polishes from the collection, this was the second thickest. Despite it being thick, it actually applied the best of all! It smoothed out on it's own and looked gorgeous without any topcoat whatsoever. I did add the topcoats to be consistent, but this could have easily been worn alone. I had no problems applying this polish.

Yellow ceramic glossy
Yellow ceramic Matte

Yellow ceramic brush macro

I fell in love with this yellow the second I saw it. It's not too light, and not too dark, it's just right! I was very happy with the application, even though it was a bit harder to apply than the light purple ceramic. It still ended up being gorgeous and I know this will be used often this spring! This was one of the thicker polishes but was not thick enough to cause me any trouble! (-:

Green ceramic glossy

Green ceramic matte

Green ceramic brush macro

This polish caught my eye almost immediately. I am such a sucker for pretty mint green polishes and this one is such an outstanding color! This was very easy to apply, and a bit less thick than the other polishes. It did not even out as well as the light purple, but I'm sure with 3 coats instead of two I could have achieved a perfectly smooth mani. It was totally opaque in alllllmost one coat, too! This color reminded me of mint chocolate chip ice cream the whole time I was looking at it, is that bad? It's such a creamy, velvety polish, and it looks beautiful on any skin tone. I recommend this one for sure!

Blue ceramic glossy

Blue ceramic matte

Blue ceramic brush macro
Last but by no means least, is the blue ceramic. This was also one of my favorites, right up next to the green. This was thinner than the other polishes and I loved the color of it so much I left it on for 5 days! (I don't know how I did that with a peel off base coat underneath haha!) This applied VERY well and I was happy with how smoothed out it was by itself. Such a dreamy baby blue, I can't get enough!


My final thoughts on this brand is that it is so so so lovely! The ceramic collection is perfect for spring and though it is a bit thick, it still applies well! These polishes all dried to a matte, ceramic-type finish and when using thinner coats dried relatively quick. The handle of the brush was very easy to maneuver and hold and the polish bottles are so cute and unique!! All that AND they're 5-free and cruelty free?? This is such a great brand and I totally recommend checking them out! And for those of you that aren't into the matte look, you can always throw on a glossy topcoat or check out their other collections- they have quite a few and they're all gorgeous!! The polishes and other products they offer are inexpensive and they offer free shipping as well. Be sure to check PrettyWomanNYC out on their website, https://prettywomannyc.com/ or follow their Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/prettywomannyc/ for updates and fun posts! Thank you for reading guys, have a great weekend! :o)
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment