Tuesday, March 22, 2016



Hi guys! So a nail polish company called Modish Polish was nice enough to send me a couple of their nail polishes to swatch and review for you all! This is my first ever swatch/review opportunity so I am super excited to tell you all about these beautiful polishes and my experience with them, and I am so grateful that they let little old me swatch for them even though I'm not exactly "insta-famous" in the slightest. So Modish Polish was founded in Los Angeles, California, and their nail polish is 5-free, vegan friendly, cruelty free (!!!!) and gluten free. How awesome is that?! Not only is this nail polish GORGEOUS, it's also healthy to use since it contains waaaay less harsh chemicals compared to more popular brands like Essie or OPI. If you don't know what 5-free is, that means Modish polishes don't include: formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, formaldehyde resin or camphor. I love love love that. The less chemicals I have to deal with, the happier I am, hahaha. I love their selection of polishes, honestly I wish I could own them all. I also have to bring up, a portion of the proceeds for one of their nail polishes named "Inspired By Pink" is donated to breast cancer research. This really hits home for me being a cancer patient because it really makes me so happy to see nail polish companies helping out and doing what they can for cancer research. I love it! They also have a teal polish coming out very soon and some of the proceeds for that will be funding ovarian cancer. Can you believe how incredible these people are?! 



So the first polish of the two they sent me that I watched is called "On Fleek" and it's a orange pastel cream lacquer. Right away I fell in love with this company's polishes' formula, it is so smooth and creamy! The brush for this polish was trimmed kind of weird, it was a bit mangled, but it made no difference in the application so I did not mind one bit. In my swatch I have three thin coats on with topcoat but I could have gotten away with two thicker coats easily! And honestly this nail polish looked beautiful after it dried, I didn't even need topcoat but I applied one anyways just to see if there would be a difference! This is such a dreamy peachy color, I'm so happy to have it in my collection and I will definitely be doing some nail art very soon with these polishes no doubt. I have to bring up how nice the caps are as well, they feel so perfect in your hand and make it much easier to apply the polish. And look at how cute those bottles are!! I cannot get enough of these.


Next up I have "Pop That Champagne" which is a nude mauve cream. This was definitely my favorite of the two. This was such a lovely color, I was instantly drawn to it once I saw it! In my swatch I have 2 coats with topcoat, but this could totally be a one-coater if you apply it right. I put two coats on just to see if it looked any different but it was equally as opaque as the first coat and equally as lovely! I did not want to take this off, the formula was perfect and it was so glossy and agh why don't I own all of the Modish Polish selection??? This is one of those polishes you can't help but flaunt year round. I will be sporting this one often, I can tell already! The brush on this one wasn't choppy like On Fleek's, but that was most likely a manufacturing mess up. It happens! They both worked so so so well either way.

So my final thought on Modish Polish is that I don't have enough lol. This polish is SO awesome, it's gorgeous, creamy, almost totally opaque in 1-2 coats, GLOSSY, and 5-free/cruelty free! What more could you ask for? I am a sucker for cremes so I will most likely buy quite a few of these as soon as I'm able to work again! Thank you for reading all of this if you did, I hope you enjoyed it! I promise I will be blogging more often now that I have a laptop hahaha :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment